Re: GDB/XMI (XML Machine Interface)

Chris Friesen <gdb001@speakeasy.net>:
>     Didn't see a big benefit in using one structured data format over
> the other. All things being equal, finds pages of MI easier to read
> than the order of magnitude longer output that XML would be.

yeah, that's my main issue with xml, it's not very human
readable, and it doesn't seem particularly easy to machine
process either, but the canned libraries hide most of that.

this isn't a strong objection, interoperability takes precedence.
I think an argument for xml would be more convincing if there
were more than one debugger talking the same protocol.  if the
schema is sensible, it shouldn't be too hard to make the python
debugger and the perl debugger and so forth speak the same xml.