Re: separating gdb & inferior output

> Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 07:41:01 -0400
> From: Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>
>
> I understand on Unix, the client can open a tty, and direct the output of the inferior to it.
> On windows, how would the client do that?

The same way, essentially.  Windows has a similar device, and any
Posix-compliant environment (such as Cygwin) converts operations on
"/dev/tty" into operations on the Windows console device.

> Finally, using cygwin windows, do I use the tty option as if I was on
> UNIX?

Yes.

But I don't have a Cygwin install to test this, so I'll let it to
Chris to give definitive answers to your questions.