Re: Abort backtrace when consecutive zero PCs?

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 06:43:48PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> >I still think that you
>
> me or we?  Do you have a pointer to the thread?

I think that I want it; it was a form of speech indicating it would
address this problem.  I swear it's in the archives but I can't find
the right thing to search for.

> > want to reject zero PC followed by a normal
> >(non-signal/dummy) frame, for exactly this reason...
>
> That sounds like a NULL pointer function call, which is what signull.exp
> is all about.

"followed" in the other direction.  If we unwind a normal frame, and
the next outer frame has a PC of zero, stop unwinding.  We briefly had
this check for "if the next frame is not the innermost frame" and that
broke the equivalent of signull.exp; I think I proposed this in follow
discussion to that.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz