Re: probing GDB for MI versions

I find this focus on such pedantic details both puzzling and time wasting. Especially given that any code intended to handle multiple MI variants must be adhoc. Otherwize it won't work with all the variants that pre-date the above - mi0, mi1, mi2 (prior to the above extension.

s/handle multiple/handle initial negotiation of multiple/

As everyone else has pointed out, with the negitiation done, the real parser can be loaded.

You are stating that a parser that implements an MIn Output syntax has
to be adhoc? I plan on having a parser for each of these interface's and
none of them is adhoc. I don't think you should force your adhoc
approach onto the front end developers.

MI needs is additional commands and extensions, driven by the needs of Free software projects. Neither of those - EMACS and Eclipse - appear to be having problems this technical nits such as this.

I can't explain why.

Andrew