Re: Trimming the CVS "gdb" module

Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 12:44:47 -0400
From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org>

The attached modifies GDB's "gdb" CVS module trimming it back to what is currently relevant. It drops mmalloc/ (not used), cgen/cpu/ (moved to cpu/), intl (use installed), and utils/ (not used).

For intl, this came up here: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2004-07/msg00442.html http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2004-08/msg00154.html

I have concerns about the `intl' part.  Where, if anywhere at all,
will GDB distributions keep the stuff that is currently in `intl'?
AFAIR, GNU projects that support l10n bring this stuff with them, they
do not rely on the installed gettext facilities as the sole solution.
Are we going to create a new directory `gdb/intl' and import files
there from the GNU gettext CVS tree, or will we do somthing else?

On GNU systems, intl is already available and installed and GDB's configuration is set up to use it (similar for my "Free" NetBSD system).

Andrew