RE: Changing "info frame" output?

> and with that in mind have come up with the following as a draft:

> Stack level 1, frame at 0x7ffff240:
>  Code at 0x1005e5f8 in fprintf_filtered (stream=0x10467888,
>     format=0x10371b74 "GNU gdb %s\n")
>     at /home/scratch/PENDING/2004-10-29-full-location/src/gdb/utils.c:2231
>  called by frame at 0x7ffff260, caller of frame at 0x7ffff1c0
>  Source language c.
>  Frame base at 0x7ffff1c0.
>  Registers saved by this frame:
>     pc at 0x7ffff244, lr at 0x7ffff244

> thoughts,

Well gdb-ui.el in CVS Emacs uses the existing info frame" output to update the
GUI. If you are going to change this output then I think it is important to
have an equivalent MI command whose output is stable. I started a thread about
this on the gdb mailing list back in June, and posted a patch, probably lousy,
on gdb-patches:

     http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2004-06/msg00652.html

to describe the functionality I was hoping to have and which was titled:

    [RFC] (was Re: How does GDB/MI give the current frame).

Could this be included in the discussion too, please.

Nick

Update on Emacs: We're six months into the feature freeze and there still
hasn't been a pretest. Emacs is starting to look like one of those immaculate
classic cars that goes everywhere on a trailer. Well you wouldn't want to
get it dirty, would you?