Re: GDB is the GNU project's native debugger

   Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:28:24 -0500
   From: Kris Warkentin <kewarken@qnx.com>

   How do you define GNU system?  If you're looking at the OS, Linux is the
   only GNU system in wide use since HURD is not mainstream.  If you define
   it as a system using a GNU toolchain then I don't see that you're
   particularily narrowing your scope since you now include many of the
   embedded systems, BSDs, some Win32 such as Cygwin and MinGW.

The FSF is crystal clear on this.  While some of these systems are
more "free"[1] than others they should all be considered equal; no
effort should be spent on supporting these systems.

I disagree with this statement.

I also find it somwhat ironical that the Linux-kernel developers seem
to care less and less about freedom.  IMHO, these days, OpenBSD
approaches FSF "freedom" better than Linux.

Mark

[1] In the GNU sense.