Re: GDB is the GNU project's native debugger

- arguably, adopting any bias which inhibits the applicability of GNU's
tools, actually encourages/requires the development of likely proprietary
alternatives in contradiction of GNU's goals, and indirectly reducing
opportunity to fund continued advancements, (which seems quite counter
productive overall).

Bingo.... I currently use the gcc toolchain to support an embedded product suite.

3 years ago 50% of my customers were screaming for linux hosted versions of our
development environment, libraries and tools, we did that...
Today out of several thousand developers using our solution only 2 are hosting on linux.
Out gcc, and gdb tools are the only contact many of these people have with the FSF concept

I need a good debugging solution, if it can't be GDB then it will be a proprietary solution,
I'd much rather it be GDB, but a FSF isolationist approach to GDB will be counter productive.

Paul
CTO NetBurner....