Re: new option --readnever & script gstack?

Mark Kettenis wrote:
   Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:34:22 -0500
   From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com>

Hello,

As the oposite to --readnow, I'd like to propose a new option --readnever (i.e., don't read in the symbolic debug inf). That and a few lines of script should let GDB implemement a direct equivalent to pstack (called gstack say).

Thoughts?

It's not really clear what it'd actually do.  If it really won't read
in any symbolic debug info, it'll probably be pretty useless.
Remember we're relying more and more on DWARF CFI to unwind the stack.

Symbolic debug information, for dwarf2 is stuff found in .debug_info. CFI and eh-frame are lower level than that.

Andrew