Testing gdb / gdbserver on an embedded board.

Hi,

I am working on a gdb port for a remote embedded target. The board
runs linux and I need to set up the testsuite so that it connects with
the target.I can only run telnet on the board and I have the ability to
copy to an nfsdir directory which is mountable on the remote machine.

The test setup is like this:

	           Network
 Host (nfs root)  ---------------------> Target (gdbserver)
		  ---------------------> (nfs mounted directory on the target for the
testcases )
	  telnet to the board and spawn gdbserver

I understand that these are some of the variables which I need to set in
my board specific file.

1. nfsdir : refers to the nfs exported directory on the host.
2. nfsroot_server: the nfs server . ( which in my case is the same local
machine )
3. set board_info,connect  telnet

Before I go look at the other expect files, I wanted to check if this can be achieved currently and where else I should be looking for more info having spent a while today trying to get things up.

Searching the archives indicates the file transfer of the testcases is
possible using nfs and spawning of the testcases using rsh is possible .

I found this patch :
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2003-12/msg00375.html but this
was subsequently rejected .

I tried using the above mentioned patch and it allowed me to be able to "download" the testcases, but I was unable to tailor it to use telnet to spawn gdbserver.

Is there a better way of doing this other than me building rshd for the board (which is not feasible :-( ) ?

cheers Ramana

P.S. I am running Debian Sid with the following versions and the gdb port is based on 6.3

ramana@arnor:~$ runtest --version
Expect version is       5.41.0
Tcl version is          8.4
Framework version is    1.4.4