Re: huge remote debug traffic with multi-thread program

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 09:04:32PM +0900, Atsushi Nemoto wrote:
> When I typed Ctrl-C and 'c' (continue) on gdb, traffic between gdb and
> gdbserver start eating network bandwidth and gdbserver eats whole CPU
> power on the target.  Is this a normal behavior?

The normal cause of this sort of problem is GDB's lame software
single-step support.  You have two threads iterating in the same piece
of code, and probably GDB is continually getting a trap from the wrong
one.  Or it may get confused about where it has put the breakpoint.
Does the problem go away if each thread is in a separate identical copy
of the function?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC