Re: Broken MI output

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 05:20:51PM +0300, Karganov Konstantin wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Bob Rossi wrote:
>
> > The echoing should be turned off from the GDB side. There are several
> > ways to do this.
> The echoing doesn't matter since it does't go from gdb stdout.
>
> > Are you communicating with GDB through a pipe, pty?
> Currently - through the pipe.
>
> > The inferior output needs to be redirected to another pty using the
> > console 'tty' command. This will "unmix" the inferior output and the MI
> > output.
> And if I don't want to redirect it to pty (or even can't)?
> There is a special grammar rule (target-stream-output) for this case but
> it is not used! Why?..

I've never dealt with that, but I assume it's when GDB is talking to a
target program, not a normal program on the host.

A target program most likely has a special form of I/O, which is
redirected through GDB. A program running on the host outputs directly
to the terminal, and it's impossible for GDB to know anything about it.

Unless of course, GDB puts a pty between the inferior and itself.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi