MI - Have GDB put pty between it and inferior

Hi,

I just had an idea that I got from this Email,
   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2005-03/msg00023.html

When GDB is in MI mode, why couldn't it put a pty between the inferior
and itself. If this happened, it would be possible to direct the output
of the inferior throught the target stream. Also, it would be possible
for the front end to send intput to the inferior through an MI command.

Is there any reason this is not a good idea? I'd be happy to look into
implenting the process, although, creating the pty would be the most
difficult part since it is highly unportable.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi