Re: patch review time

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 07:37:10PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:54:41 -0500
> > From: Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>
> > Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
> >
> > > Please don't start that again.  I told you right there and then that
> > > the i18n changes Andrew was referring to were going slow because of
> > > those who made changes, not because of the review process, since my
> > > comments on the i18n-related patches were posted at most a couple of
> > > days after the RFA, and normally just a few hours after the RFA.
> >
> > Then let me ask you a qustion. Why did he not bother to get them
> > reviewed?
>
> I asked Andrew this question, but didn't get any useful answers.

The only possible solution I could come to, was that he thought patch
review would slow him down to the point were he wouldn't be able to get
work done. Even though you think this isn't the problem, it's the only
conclusion I can draw from his statement. I guess it will be a mystery,
unless of course, he decides to tell us.

> > Well what should I do?
>
> The only thing to do is to bug the responsible maintainer(s).

What if the particular maintainer is busy? Am I just out of luck? That
doesn't seem very reasonable to me, does it to you?

There must be some other action I can take ...

Thanks,
Bob Rossi