Re: patch review time

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 10:57:04AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 08:44:16AM -0500, Bob Rossi wrote:
> > Andrew, I'm started to get fed up with your complete lack of response.
> > Will you please take me serious, pick up your role as head maintainer,
> > and respond to my allegations? This way, I'll at least know what the
> > possibilities of accomplishing my goals here are.
>
> Hey, Bob, please take a deep breath and calm down for a little while.

OK.

> Andrew hasn't posted anything to the GDB lists in about a week.  That
> suggests that he's either extremely busy, or traveling, or otherwise
> unavailable.  Ranting at him for being a human with other obligations
> doesn't get you anywhere, and it doesn't incline anyone else to take
> you seriously.

OK. I can't tell the difference between when he's busy, and when he's
not responding to me. Unfortunately it's all the same.

> I understand your concerns about the system, but you need to consider
> that you're dealing with individuals, not just a system.

Thanks for the advice.

This problem is very serious to me. In fact, I don't have any personal
problems with Andrew, he's reviewed all of my patches and given me good
advice. The problem is, I can't get a serious amount of work done, because
there is no one in the MI area that will review my patches within a reasonable
amount of time.  I simply want to fix that problem. Eli told me the only
way to fix the problem was to talk to the head maintainer. Unfortunately for
me, the head maintainer is the only active maintainer for the MI interface.

My question is, what can I do, what options do I have, to contribute a
large amount to the MI interface within a reasonable amount of time?
Everyone involved in GDB should be interested in this question.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi