Re: Is it possible to save breakpoints to a file?

RT> I haven't looked at this in detail. I suspect the problem is that
RT> Insight is no longer actively maintained, and so it's difficult to get
RT> a version of insight that uses the current gdb.

You can still build insight out of cvs.  It will then use the current
gdb.

RT> A trivial licensing problem has lead to gdb having no
RT> usable GUI (that I know of, anyway; and I've used both ddd and
RT> insight).

There are actually quite a few gdb UIs, in addition to Insight and
DDD.  Maybe MI made it too easy to write gdb UIs :-)

There's one written in Ada whose name I forget.

Eclipse also comes with a gdb GUI.  (The Eclipse one is interesting
because, AIUI, it saves breakpoints more intelligently, as markers in
your source.)

Apple also has one in their IDE, but I know little about it.

Finally, Anjuta[1] has one and KDevelop[2] has one.

I haven't used most of these, and whether they meet your "usable"
qualification is subjective...

Tom

[1] http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://www.kdevelop.org/