Re: [mi] watchpoint-scope exec async command

> Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:12:39 -0500
> From: Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>
>
> (gdb)
> -break-watch param
> ^done,wpt={number="2",exp="param"}
> (gdb)
> -exec-continue
> ^running
> (gdb)
> ~"Hardware watchpoint 2 deleted because the program has left the block \n"
> ~"in which its expression is valid.\n"
> *stopped,reason="exited",exit-code="02"
> (gdb)
>
> Is it just a bug that there is no 'watchpoint-scope' returned?

I think it's a bug, yes: there's one instance in breakpoint.c
(specifically, in the function insert_bp_location) that uses
printf_filtered instead of the ui_* functions to produce the warning
about a watchpoint that went out of scope.  I think it should use the
same code that is used by watchpoint_check to produce a similar
warning.