Re: [mi] watchpoint-scope exec async command

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 06:53:10PM -0500, Bob Rossi wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 05:41:01PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > The related breakpoint is supposed to be the scope breakpoint; I can't
> > see how they could become unpaired.  You may want to run a debugger on
> > GDB, using a watchpoint to see what changes it?
>
> I've tried this, GDB didn't seem to think anyone access'd
> b->related_breakpoint between the time it was set in watch_command_1 to
> the time that valgrind gives the error in insert_bp_location.

Check manually if the value has changed?  Does it look like a real
breakpoint?  Have its contents been corrupted?  Etc.

> My hunch is that b->related_breakpoint's memory was free'd and never set
> to NULL. Is this possible? I don't think a watchpoint would pick that
> up, would it?

No, but valgrind would.  Anyway, a breakpoint on delete_breakpoint
would probably catch this also.

I can't imagine how that would happen though.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC