Re: [mi] watchpoint-scope exec async command

> Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:27:48 -0500
> From: Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>
> Cc: GDB <gdb@sources.redhat.com>
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 11:29:48PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > [Sorry for a late response: I needed to refresh my memory of how the
> > related code works.]
>
> Are you serious? That was like the speed of light compared to what I'm
> used to.

I have different standards.

> When running with software breakpoints, the crash does not happen, and
> valgrind is happy. Now, what confuses me is that the memory for the
> related_breakpoint is still deleted in delete_breakpoint and when we
> set the disposition of the deleted "related_breakpoint" at
> breakpoint.c:1022(insert_bp_location), things seem to work OK.

I suspect that, since software watchpoints are imlpemented by
single-stepping the inferior, the order of deletion of the watchpoint
and its associated scope breakpoint is different (because the inferior
stops after each instruction).

More in the evening, after I read through the other info you sent.

Thanks.