Re: strange behaviour -- gdbtk & stdin on winxp

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 16:50, Keith Seitz wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 16:36 -0400, James Lemke wrote:
> > All works as expected with xscale-elf-gdb or xscale-elf-insight -nw.
> > But with the GUI, fgets() returns immediately with NULL, and errno set
> > to 9 (EBADF).
> >
> > When built for a Linux host, xscale-elf-insight with and without -nw
> > work fine.
>
> I am assuming that you're trying to run on windows, and your problem
> doesn't surprise me in the least. Quite frankly, I don't think we ever
> got windows working as well as unix hosts.
>
> While I would guess this works for native cygwin apps, I'll bet insight
> never gets stdin reopened for some "terminal", and I don't believe that
> there is any special magic in gdb/insight to re-route stdin calls to the
> console window (although on a remote that shouldn't be too hard).
>
> I suspect some hacking is in your future...

FYI and to archive for future searchers...

If I use an rxvt window (rxvt -e /bin/bash) vs the default Cygwin
window, insight reads from stdin fine just as it does on Linux.

Cheers,
Jim.

--
James Lemke   jim@TheLemkes.ca   Orillia, Ontario
1992 ST1100, STOC #3750;   FWD# M:245401 H:246889