Internal error with psymtab/symtab

Hi,

I have a program compiled with GCC 3.2.3 and Newlib 1.11.0

The Target is PowerPC MPC8XX using EABI.

whem i load the program to debug under GDB, I type the following:

break *0x00000000

and GDB generates:

warning: (Internal error: pc 0x0 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)

and then from then on, I get the same warning, with monotinous regularity, so much so that it interferes with the output of GDB.

What is this error, how does one get rid of it. Nothing seems to be broken, (i havent noticed anything not working because of it) so what is its purpose? Should it just be a message that is only shown with the "set debug" options enabled.

Steven Johnson