Stack unwinding on Windows with gdb 6.x (was: gdb stack trace problems(Addendum))

Hi...

I don't like to reply to my own messages but I don't want to let this
to be fallen asleep again. In my eyes gdb 6.x is at present only of
very limited use when debugging on windows mingw compiled
executables because it cannot dump stack frames reliable.

I know that the stack unwinder of gdb 6.x is of much better
nature then the one of 5.3, but with 5.3 one could use gdb
very good on windows to debug mingw code.

So I think gdb 6.x should be able again to work on
windows. So what can be done to fix this?

Are there any pointers to find out how the current
stack unwinder works compared to the old one. Maybe
it would be possible to mix the 2 on windows.

Thanks,

Roland