Re: stack corruption?

On 06/13/05 10:01 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz sat at the `puter and typed:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 09:45:20PM -0400, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> > This might be a bit of a trivial question, but I am having trouble
> > with stack corruption.
> >
> > I started seeing this after I began using gcc 3.3 with the -ggdb -g3
> > flags to try to provide more detailed info for gdb.  Can anyone tell
> > me how these flags change the executable?
> >
> > Without the -ggdb switch, I don't get any debugging symbols at all.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas what else I should be looking at?
>
> Stack corruption in your program, or in GDB?  Neither should change the
> generated code at all.  -g3 adds macro debugging information.

Stack corruption shows up anytime I open the program in gdb.  I get an
occasional core dump (SEGV and BUS) from my program, but when I can
make heads or tails of it, it appears to be deep in a host lookup
(system libs, Solaris 9) or Oracle 8.1.7 database calls (which could
also be a host lookup).

Thanks.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                                     dev@keyslapper.net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :þ

Arbitrary systems, pl.n.:
  Systems about which nothing general can be said, save "nothing
  general can be said."