Re: x86 Q: why aren't the SSE intrinsics always_inline?

[Redirecting off the misnamed gdb-discuss list; please use
gdb@sourceware instead.]

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 10:22:23AM +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
> You have the same problem with Java -- you're stepping through a Java
> program, and all of a sudden you're inside the memory allocator.  What
> we _really_ need is some way to tell gdb "I'm debugging my own
> program, not the library" or somesuch.  Or, and this is less
> desirable, some way to persuade gcc not to output debug info inside
> some inlined functions, although I can't image how a priori you'd
> decide which ones.

It'd be better to handle this in gdb than in gcc, sure.  There's two
parts: better support for inline functions, which is already on the gdb
roadmap, and then some way of selecting which ones to ignore.  And for
that latter, I have no idea how it should look...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC