Re: [Gdb-discuss] Re: x86 Q: why aren't the SSE intrinsics always_inline?

[Redirecting off gdb-discuss again]

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 09:12:39PM -0400, Fred Fish wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 June 2005 10:55, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > better support for inline functions, which is already on the gdb
> > roadmap
>
> Where's the roadmap?  I'm just starting to look at this very issue
> and would be good to know what is planned or in progress.

I was being figurative :-)  We already know we need to do it.

I already have a 30% or so hack which handles creating inline function
frames.  It works well enough for simple backtraces.  But the symbol
table side of it is all rotten, so it's not very useful - segfaults a
lot.

I also have the first 20% or so of setting breakpoints on multiple
locations implemented, which is a necessary partner to that.  But
that's even less finished.

Ask me if you want either set of code.  The latest version of the
latter is in the gdb-patches archive from early this year.  I don't
think I ever posted the former - too gross.

If you want to work on anything without duplicating effort, it behooves
_you_ to discuss it on the mailing lists first.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC