Re: Unwinding stack past main() when it has another name

   Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:22:13 -1100
   From: Steven Johnson <sjohnson@sakuraindustries.com>

   Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

   >The fact that we stop at _start is a feature, so hopefully you can rely
   >on that in the future.
   >
   >For some non-C languages we get the name of the main function from
   >debug information, but for C it's always main()

   This isnt always the case for embedded targets.  There is no RULE that C
   programs must have a main() function.

Oh there is.  But of course you don't have to play by that rule.  But
if you don't play by that rule you're very likely want to see the
complete backtrace up to the entry point of your program anyway.

Mark