Re: single-stepping remote target fails

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 01:06:42PM -0400, Chad Phillips wrote:
Sending packet: $s#73...Ack
Packet received: S00
Sending packet: $p40#d4...Ack
Packet received: 0000438E

Program received signal 0, Signal 0.

You should be returning S05, SIGTRAP.

Fantastic! That solved my problem. Now, gdb continues to step to the next source instruction. Thanks!

BTW, the documentation for the remote protocol simply says that the signal number is 'poorly defined', and in general to use UNIX conventions. I made the incorrect assumption that the signal number is irrelevant. Are there other signal numbers that have significance to GDB?

GDB never sends a 'Z1' packet to set a hardware breakpoint as part of the step.

Why should it? Your stub claims to support hardware single step which does not require a breakpoint.

Got it. I understand now.

Now I just have to figure out the prologue thing.
Thanks again.
-Chad