Re: gfortran - gdb problem

> $gdb ./a.out
> GNU gdb 6.3-debian
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
> conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
>
> (gdb) l
> 1       ../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S: No such file or directory.
>         in ../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S
> (gdb)
>

> Normally, 'l' should display the source code. But it is giving some
> error. I am using debian sid, kernel 2.6.9-1-686. I tested the same
> thing with a helloworld program written in c and gdb works fine there.
>
> 1) I am wondering whether it is a bug in either gdb or gfortran or
> packging of gfortran on Debian or some other thing?

Maybe it is a packaging problem.  On my Fedora Core 4, it shows the
following text:

(gdb) l
5          We call it from the main() function in this file.  */
6       void MAIN__ (void);
7
8       /* Main procedure for fortran programs.  All we do is set up the environment
9          for the Fortran program.  */
10      int
11      main (int argc, char *argv[])
12      {
13        /* Set up the runtime environment.  */
14        set_args (argc, argv);

> 2) Could anyone reproduce this?

I ever encountered similar problems on PPC platform.

Regards
- Wu Zhou