Re: <incomplete type>

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 05:33:10PM +1000, Craig Jeffree wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 09:16 -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > >   (gdb) ptype struct Soi::Waypoint
> > >   No struct type named Soi.
> > > [That's right, Soi's a namespace, but why doesn't it recongnise
> > > Soi::Waypoint as a struct?]
> >
> > Craig, could you try this using gdb -readnow?
> >

> Good work Daniel.  It works when I do this.  Thank-you.

That means it's almost certainly a bug in GDB.

> Okay, so what's the difference?  I know in my application the specific
> example I'm testing with uses a name ('Waypoint') which exists in
> different forms throughout the application (there are a few different
> namespaces that have a class or something named 'Waypoint').  Is this
> the cause, does gdb not know which one to look at if they aren't all
> loaded?  That doesn't seem right, it should still know how to find the
> right one shouldn't it?

Should, but this code is very tricky, to say the least.  And it's
sensitive to the exact version of the compiler in use.  Remind me, are
you using CVS HEAD?  And, I don't suppose you've got a smaller
testcase?

Failing that, could you post the readelf output for the entire
compilation unit containing Soi::Waypoint?  From the compilation unit
header all the way down to the next one.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC