Re: Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 08:05 +0100, divick kishore wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am getting the above error when I am trying to
> debug a 64 but application. I have no clue why it
> happens. The exact message from gdb is as below. Any
> suggestions?

What did you do to get this message ? A full sequence of steps would be
useful for people to resolve your problem . And please mention the
versions for

1. gdb
2. compiler (if GCC version of GCC)
3. The architecture under consideration .
4. Is this a 64 bit linux based app ?

and then maybe someone can help you out.

> Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint
> trap.

This is just a bit too cryptic.

cheers
Ramana