GDB fails from Kdbg

Hi Everyone,

I tried on two different occasions to enter this bug on the gdb bug
entry page, and both times the process failed -- I submitted, but no
PR was generated. So I'm posting the details here.

AN EXECUTABLE FILE IS AVAILABLE TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE -- I didn't
attach it because many mail lists reject attached documents.

Environment:
Linux Fedora Core 4, 2.6.12-1398
i686
GDB 6.3
KDbg 1.3 or 2.0 (doesn't matter)

Issue:
Open Kdbg; select an executable to debug.
Error message: "'gdb' exited unexpectedly"

This issue happens for a binary compiled with gcc 4.0.1 as well as one
compiled with gcc 3.3.

I have contacted the Kdbg folks, and they have investigated and assure
the issue is with GDB. Other KDE users are experiencing this issue.

--
Brad Aisa <baisa at colorado dot edu>
Professional Research Assistant