Re: gdbserver multithreaded debugging

Thanks Daniel and Lim.

Here are more information as requested:

We are using:
GLIBC 2.3.3
GDB 6.3

When we set the breakpoint in the main thread: program is
running correctly and we can watch the main program.

But as soon as we set the breakpoint in a thread, gdb server
terminates with a signal "Killing inferior" and stops,
whereas gdb stops printing the following message:
 "Program terminated with signal SIGKILL, Killed".
 "The program no longer exists."
At this point, of course, when we do a backtrace in gdb, we
got a corrupted stack.

We checked hat all shared libraries exists on target and are
loaded correctly. Moreover, libthread_db.so exists on the
target side and we tried copying on the local host using set
solib-absolute-prefix.

We have a slight difference between a GDB 6.3 2005.3.17 and
a GDB 6.3.50, the only difference is that gdb prints the
following message in place:
" Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault."
"0x00000000 in ?? ()"

Olivier Carmona

------------ ALICE HAUT DEBIT A 29,95 EUR/MOIS ------------
ALICEBOX, l'offre Internet tout en 1 : ADSL, téléphonie, modem Wi-Fi et en exclusivité
la hotline gratuite 24h/24 ! Soumis à conditions. Pour en profiter cliquez ici http://abonnement.aliceadsl.fr