Re: gdb cannot print object casted to a pointer of certain class

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 07:04:45PM -0500, Sp3cial K wrote:
> Has anyone encountered a problem where ptype prints out the class info in
> most frames, but it complaints "Type xxx has no component named xxx." in
> one frame?  Ironically, the frame where it doesn't print out correctly is
> in a function of that class!

The more details you snip out of a bug report, the less likely it is
that we can help you.  But I believe I know what this problem is:

> Also, when I tried to print out an object casted to that class, as follows:
> p *(xxx *)0x12345678
> it complains:
> A parse error in expression, near `)0x12345678'

The name is being interpreted differently in that scope, probably as
the constructor rather than the class.  A testcase might let us fix
this.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC