Re: $argc variable

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 01:08:34PM +0000, Andrew STUBBS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There was a proposal here:
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2005-04/msg00055.html
>
> Has anything come of it? I can't find anything in cli-script.c.
>
> This is a feature I would very much like to see. SuperH/ST has had a
> very similar feature for quite some time now (long before the above
> proposal) in which $argc is a proper convenience variable.
>
> I would submit our version, but I feel that the above is a better
> approach (implementation details aside) - it does not suffer from
> problems with recursion.
>
> Is there any chance of resurrecting this idea?

It's still in the review queue.  I didn't like the implementation, but
I haven't had time to come up with a better one.  If you feel like
helping...  You'll notice no one else responded at the time when I
asked for comments.

In general I don't like new additions to the CLI.  But it seems like
real scripting is still at least one major release away, so I am
open to suggestions.  Let's do it.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC