Re: libGDB and gdbserver questions

> > "master UI controller" (that controls GDBs).
>
> I'm not sure what you mean about "master UI controller". The biggest

What I mean is the UI that is presented to the user, which manages
breakpoints, execution, stepping etc. for multiple processes.

> However, it's not likely that you have 1000 different programs. If you have

It is only one single program being run for 1000 times (1000 processes).

> two programs, and each one is run on 500 machines, you can start two copies
> of gdb.
>
> Then each copy of gdb would connect to a "redirector" you can write, that
> will basically forward all packets to invididual instances of gdbserver.
> But it will present those 500 instances as 500 threads, and gdb can work
> with threads more or less fine.

Hmmm.... I'm curious with this approach. I did write a "proxy"
redirector between gdbserver and gdb. But it only connects one
gdbserver to one gdb.

So basically with this approach (many gdbservers to one gdb), we
present processes as threads to gdb? How about debugging multi-thread
(!) program with many processes then? How do we present threads to
gdb?

It seems to me, this approach is a clean hack, but not the way it's
supposed to be.

Donny