Re: [RFC] A better implementation of Checkpoint/Restart

Johan Rydberg wrote:
Michael Snyder wrote:

Hi folk,

Hi Michael,

The attached patch, again, is for discussion and review, not
for approval or commit.  This patch adds a first-cut implementation
of checkpoint and restart commands, based on fork instead of
on corefiles.
[...]
I'd be thrilled if folks would try it out and comment.

I will try to get a few minutes over and try this little fella out, but
I have an initial question:

Would it be possible to make this a bit more generic, maybe by moving
it into the target vector?  That would make things easier for targets
which implement some kind of checkpointing mechanism their self.

Yes of course -- this is all just quick-and-dirty. That's why I haven't asked for approval to check it in.

In the mean time, if your target isn't native linux,
you won't be affected by this patch, since the patch
is all in the linux-native source module.