Re: Dumping core on windows?

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Have you actually tried this, Brian?  I was going to suggest something
> like this but I wasn't sure if it worked with dumper.

Yeah, I tried it before posting and it seemed to work - it created the
core but I didn't try loading it into GDB.  At first I thought it did
not, though, because I was trying to specify a path to the filename
argument of dumper, which does not work - it seems to create it using
the given filename in the CWD of the faulting program, regardless of any
path you give it.

And I forgot to mention that you can run "drwtsn32 -i" to reinstall the
default Dr. Watson fault handler after you're done with dumper.

(BTW, there is a second %ld argument that the system will pass if
present, I'm not sure what it represents though.  Perhaps it's the
exception number, but I tried testing with an access violation but the
second parameter was 1928 - nothing close to 0xC0000005.  I thought it
also might have been the thread ID of the fault but that did not match
up either... so it's a mystery to me.)

Brian