Anon CVS (Was: MI: full file name)

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 09:54:53AM -0500, Bob Rossi wrote:

>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Is there any reason why I need separate MI command? Can't "*stopped"
>> > packet include full file name as well?
>>
>> I believe this is in the works. Actually, this might already work with
>> mi2 or latest CVS. Maybe someone else knows better. I've been very busy,
>> and haven't had time to keep up.
>
> Looks like it's been done in 6.4:

Indeed, just tried in 6.4 snapshot, and it works. Thanks.

BTW, it's pretty hard to get CVS version of gdb.

On, http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/current/, under "Read-only CVS", I read:

   A weekly snapshot (gdb+dejagnu-CVS-YYYYMMDD.tar.bz2) of the sources
   checked out using CVS is available for download from the current snapshot
   directory. ..... Once you have downloaded and unpacked this snapshot, you
   can cd to the src directory and use the command:

      cvs update

But the snapshot directory does not have any file following that pattern.
There's only "gdb+dejagnu.tar.bz2", that does not have "CVS" directories.

Later:

   Alternativly, you can check out a copy of the CVS repository directly
   using the command:

   cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src co gdb+dejagnu

That works, but then configure dies with:

   configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in
   `cd .;pwd`/.. ./`cd .;pwd`/..

The only working solution is to download "gdb-weekly-CVS-YYYYYMMDD.tar.bz2".
Maybe the page should be fixed?

- Volodya