Re: MI: asynchronous operation details

> From: Vladimir Prus <ghost@cs.msu.su>
> Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:20:23 +0300
>
> why do I ever want to issue commands while inferior is running? For
> which kind of commands is that useful?

It would be useful for commands that do not access the running
inferior.  Simple examples include `help' commands.  Less trivial
examples include commands that consult the symbol tables.  Really
tricky commands would be useful if and when GDB supports debugging
more than one program--you could examine data in one program while the
other one runs.

But, as Daniel points out, for now this is just an infrastructure that
still awaits to be used.