Re: Maintainer policy for GDB

> Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:30:11 -0800
> From: Michael Snyder <msnyder@redhat.com>
>
> What if each such area maintainer has the right to spell out
> his or her own policy as far as "timeouts", etc.?  Rather than
> forcing a one-size-fits-all policy?

I'm not sure this is needed, but I have no objections to adding this.

> 2) Reverting a patch
>
> There hasn't been too much discussion of this, but it
> makes me nervous.  May I throw this out on the table?
> How about if, except for area maintainers, it requires
> the agreement of at least two maintainers to revert
> another maintainer's patch?

I'd prefer it the other way around: a patch can be reverted if it (the
patch) does not have anyone to support it except whoever committed it.

In your scenario:

> To be perfectly clear, that means that if someone
> checks in a docs patch that Eli doesn't like, Eli
> can yank it out immediately, but other than Eli it
> would require a motion and a second.

it means that I can revert the patch if no one else thinks it should
stay.