Is the current KOD code useful?

The Kernel Object Display framework never really took off, as far as I can
see.  It's got exactly one supported OS in the GDB sources, which is just
called Cisco (presumably IOS).  It's had no non-mechanical changes since it
was contributed, around 2000.

I'm fixing up the target_xfer_partial interface, as discussed yesterday.
It carries around a pretty sizable wart for KOD involving querying the
buffer size (which as far as I can tell doesn't work, anyway).  Rather than
fix it, if this is obsolete we should remove it.

Does anyone but Cisco use this?  Do even they still use it in its current
form?  I have no idea if anyone on this list can answer these questions;
if no one can, I suspect this code has reached the end of its useful life.

For now I'm just going to skip over that file.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery