Re: tracepoints

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 02:32:13PM +0300, Maxim Osipov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could someone comment on status of tracepoints interface in gdb and
> stubs? We plan to invest some effort to have it working in current
> gdbserver and wondering, is there any active projects or existing
> implementations.

I do not know of any publicly available implementation of the stub
side.  A coworker of mine recently worked with a (proprietary)
simulator which implemented the existing tracepoint interface, so
I know that the GDB side of the protocol works.

Several people have implemented gdbserver support, I think.
Unfortunately, none of them were ever finished and contributed back.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery