RE: MI error msgs and localization

 > >These messages appear to be part of the CLI output intended for the user
 > >and not MI.  It seems natural to translate them.
 >
 > I really don't agree at all. Very few output in MI mode is/should be
 > intended for users only. You have got get past the stage where you think of
 > the front-end as a "dumb automated shell" and into thinking "integrated
 > environment with user friendly error messages". Preferrably these messages
 > should have been streamed out as a MI result-records.

I would guess that most of time GDB is used from the command line where there
is simply no front-end, dumb or otherwise.

 > I translate "No symbol table loaded..." into asking the user to switch to
 > debug-mode in my tool. "Unrecognized option" pop ups that the GDB version is
 > too old, reinstall needed.

The error message "Unrecognized option" is not intended to provide information
about the GDB version.  If you want to use it for that purpose, thats your
choice, but you can hardly expect the GDB community to "support" that feature.

Nick