Re: breakpoints in shared libraries

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:

 Daniel> On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 06:10:21PM +0100, Florian
 Daniel> Hackenberger wrote:
 >> On Tuesday 14 February 2006 18:00, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote: > This
 >> has nothing to do with shared libraries; if you search the >
 >> archives for breakpoints in constructors, you'll learn lots more
 >> about > the (still unsolved) problem.  Thank you very much for the
 >> quick answer. Is the problem resolved with gcc >=4.0?

 Daniel> No, there's no resolution today.

I did a hack solution as a local tweak to GDB 5.3 -- a few lines worth
of change to set the "verbose" flag in the demangler calls.  That way,
the several flavors of constructor and destructor end up with
different names.  Odd ones, admittedly, but it allows them to be
referenced individually.

I wouldn't hold it up as a real solution, but it's a workaround, if
you care to use it.

	   paul