Re: MI: type prefixes for values

On Friday 17 February 2006 22:35, Bob Rossi wrote:

> Vladimir, stop trying to parse fields that are unparsable by nature. If
> you want to parse the data, your on your own. If you submit a patch that
> makes GDB output data in more atomic pieces, I think everyone would be
> OK with that.

We're running in circles. I've asked about possible patch, but instead got
lengthy replies about how parsing value field is bad idea. To repeat -- I
started this thread because *I* want to avoid parsing that field.

To make an even more specific question, I propose to:

   - Remove type prefix from output of -data-evaluate-expression and
        -var-evaluat-expression

   - Add 'type' field to the output of -data-evaluate-expression

Is this OK with everyone?

- Volodya