Re: Trouble remote debugging

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 05:30:54PM -0800, EJS wrote:
> One thing that I noticed is that the symbol tables for
> the cross compiled shlibs are different than the ones
> on the target (I checked this via objdump -T). Is this
> the problem? If so how do I make them the same?

You _must_ use the same libraries on both sides.  The ones on the
target can be stripped, but that's it - otherwise they must match.

If you are running the program on a prebuilt native target, copy its
libraries to your debug host.  If you want to use the crosstool
libraries, copy them to the appropriate locations on your target.

You will probably want to use solib-absolute-prefix rather than
solib-search-path; see the archives of this list for more information
on that.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery