Re: MI: changing breakpoint location

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 06:35:34PM +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Hello!
>
> At the moment, the MI interface does not allow one to change location of
> breakpoint, say to move breakpoint from main.cpp:9 to main.cpp:11.
> CLI does not support this either, but I'm interested in MI.
>
> Was this an explicit design decision, or it just happened this way? The use
> case when it matters if when, in KDevelop, user edits the field of
> breakpoint table with the location.
>
> Now, I have to delete the old breakpoint and create the new one, which is
> workable, but not convenient. How about adding 'change breakpoint location'
> functionality to MI?

Hi Volodya,

My initial opinion is that this does not make to much sense. The 2
different breakpoint really have nothing to do with each other.

I would think it could be possible to add a new MI command that would
allow you to arbitrarily delete, add or modify (enable/disable) as
many breakpoints as you want. I think this would be a little more
general purpose.

Bob Rossi