Re: MI: changing breakpoint location

> > Of course, then we'd have to let the MI interpreter know about the
 > > change too, so that the editor could refresh.  I have no idea whether
 > > GUIs would want this behavior or not; wouldn't they want to track it
 > > themselves assuming you used the GUI's editor?
 > >

 > I can't see why you would want to do it anyplace *other* than the
 > editor.  It would know for sure which lines had been added and deleted.
 >   Anything else would just be guessing.

Well in Emacs the breakpoint icon does move according to the editing, of
course.  The problem is getting Emacs and GDB to understand each other: Emacs
needs to tell GDB the new breakpoint locations; GDB needs to tell Emacs that
the changes have indeed been recompiled into the executable and that execution
has restarted.

I guess the advantage of doing it in GDB, assuming its possible, is that it
only need be done once, rather than separately for each front-end.