Re: gdb and multi-threaded (NPTL) programs

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 01:15:26PM -0800, Jim Blandy wrote:
> So I'm agreeing with Daniel, I guess: it's a kernel bug.  But it
> sounds to me like Daniel is saying that you need to find some change
> to the non-debugging behavior that would also fix the debugging
> behavior, which I don't agree with.  In theory, you should change the
> debugging behavior and have no effect on the syscall's interface to
> the code that calls it.

That's not what I said at all.  I said that you'd need to change
the kernel source code for the syscall to not return -EINTR, but
instead return some new code; I'm certainly not suggesting that the
new code ever be returned to userspace!

There is plenty of precedent for the construct I describe in the Linux
signal handling implementation.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery