Problems with remote debugging on ARM

Hello,

I encounter a lot of problems while trying to do remote debugging
throuh Ethernet on ARM. I try to debug a C++ multithreaded program from
Cygwin using a cross-compilation toolchain I built myself (with gdb
6.4). I know this is a complex configuration but maybe somebody would be
able to orientate me a bit...

I compile my binaries statically as debugging with shared libraries
doesn't work (cf. my previous mail), but I have several other problems.

I use a timer which is generating a signal every 10 ms (SIGALRM). As
soon as timer_settime is called, there is a lot of network activity,
the gdb client seems to be busy (when I step) and debugging is unusable.
If i increase the period of this timer (to something like 50 ms) it is
OK. Would there be a means to still be able to debug my program with
the 10 ms period?

I have problems with breakpoints not taken into account, are there
known problems with some parts of my configuration (C++ or threads)?

Thanks in advance,

Milrith